Dr. Smith has practiced as a pediatric, and adult, neuropsychologist, and as a school psychologist, for many years. She is Board Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Neuropsychology (ABN.) She has been an adjunct or associate professor teaching/training/supervising doctoral students, as well as other psychologists, in neuropsychology at various universities in New York, Chicago, Indiana, and Washington state. These include such schools as Columbia University Teachers College, Long Island University, Adler University, Gonzaga University, and Whitworth University. She has served as the Coordinator of Services for Students with Disabilities at Ivy Tech State College in Indiana. She has provided independent evaluations for school districts and in other legal matters. She is particularly interested in executive functions (EF) and has developed and implemented curriculum in this area. She has presented at several professional conferences in California and various other states about EF skills, and assessment. She is now offering weekend appointments for psychoeducational/neuropsychological evaluations for clients from the age of five through the life span. Dr. Smith can be reached at (209) 786-2815 (line does not accept texts), or email at email@example.com .
Dr. Smith provides psychoeducational and/or neuropsychological evaluations to address several situations/conditions which include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
For children/adolescents/young adults
Determination of eligibility for disability/special education services in grades K-12, or for purposes of accommodations for college students, Specific Learning Disability (SLD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), spina bifida, cerebral palsy, hydrocephalus, brain infection, diabetes, epilepsy, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS), Tourette’s Syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), brain tumor.
Dementias such as Alzheimer’s or Vascular Dementia, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), epilepsy, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, cancer, brain tumor, arteriovenous malformation, alcohol or other substance abuse.
- Ph.D. Educational Psychology, University of Oregon
- MA Social Sciences: School Psychology, Pacific Lutheran University
- B.A. Psychology, The Evergreen State University
- California Licensed Psychologist # PSY 19737
- New York Licensed Psychologist
- Indiana Licensed Psychologist
- Michigan Licensed Psychologist
- Colorado Licensed Psychologist
- Washington Licensed Psychologist
- Diplomate in Clinical Neuropsychology American Board of Professional Neuropsychology
- Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Certification School Psychologist
- New York School Psychologist
- Washington School Psychologist
- California Administrative Services Credential
Professional Associations Past and Present
National Academy of Neuropsychology
International Neuropsychological Society